Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Rob Kehrer - 2014

2014 event participant Rob Kehrer has died while rafting the Tana River in the Wrangell Mountains.  Craig Medred has written a comprehensive article for Alaska Dispatch here about the accident.  Also, Tim Mowry has written an article for the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner here.  As soon as I receive more information, I will post.

Rob was well known in the Classic community and liked by everyone.  He has been competing for many years and had fantastic stories to tell every year.  I remember meeting Rob in 2004 on the Eureka to Talkeetna route and was amazed at his positive attitude and high spirits.  Rest in peace Rob.  Rob's family is in our thoughts and prayers in this difficult time. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear about your patner. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.
    Rob will always remember you

    ReplyDelete